Associate Campus Minister of Women’s Ministry
MCF is looking for a woman to serve in a blended ministry position that includes Women’s Outreach and Discipleship and part time Administration Duties
- A Christ like character with emotional stability
- Enthusiasm for Campus Ministry – specifically ministry to women
- Alignment with Restoration Principles in Ministry Practice
- Experience with Campus or College Ministry
- Experience in Fund Raising
- Willingness to participate in variety of Mission Experiences
The ideal person would also bring:
- Musical Abilities > Participation in Worship in Music
- Education:Undergrad in ministry/Biblical Studies or related field
- Ongoing or Completed Graduate Education (Ministry/Biblical studies is a BIG plus)
MCF Students’ “Top ten” list for the Candidate:
- A visible relationship with Christ
- A good representative of Christ and MCF
- A person who understands their influence and wants to lead and serve by example
- A heart for God and eagerness to learn and grow in Him
- Mentoring/Discipleship - Knowledge of what a Biblical woman should be; possess the ability to connect with the women of MCF, to grow in relationship with them and have a positive influence.
- Be a part of Small Groups for women (and male students given the right setting)
- Assisting in Servant Team formation and function
- Active participant in large group gatherings for spiritual formation (Synergy)
- FUN!!!! Energy and enthusiasm
- Good listener; Not succumbing to gossip, but instead having the ability to gracefully recognize stop it in it's tracks
- Availability as friend and as minister; Having the time to spend on building relationships with these women
- Hard worker; Someone who doesn't need to be given a specific outline for what is expected of them, a self starter
- Willing to consider and work with other’s ideas; Patience in working with students and the situations that that brings about
- We want someone who can encourage the guys as well and not give women an attitude that undermines or attacks men.
Women’s Ministry Responsibilities:
- Outreach (to Women at Murray State University)
- One-on-One Mentoring & Discipleship and also Small Group facilitation and participation
- General office management (upkeep on supplies, etc.)
- Co-Producing Publications along with doing Mailings and Data Entry
- Scheduling Supporter Contacts
- Some minor banking and other financial responsibilities
Salary, benefits and housing allowances are negotiable.
The successful candidate will need to fundraise to help support the ministerial aspects of this position.
- 10-30 hrs/week Women’s Ministry = amount determined by support raising
(contributors should be new/outside of current MCF supporter base)
- 10 hrs/week administration ministry = $7,000 provided by MCF
- Medical/Insurance Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Housing Option if
single (room at 1506
For answers to specific questions, or to submit a letter of interest in the position please email Murray Christian Fellowship Campus Minister Mike Kerrick email@example.com.
All applicants must submit a resume, a statement of faith and 3 references. Those selected for interviews must consent to a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Mike came to MCF in 2008 after several years of youth and college ministry within the local church. He grew up with a blend of Baptist and Roman Catholic heritages, settling in the Restoration Movement churches (what a natural fit). He attended Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology before transferring to Milligan College, where he received a BA in Bible. He went on to Emmanuel Christian Seminary and received a general MDiv degree. He has served on the mission field in Mexico, Brazil, and Kenya! He ministered with college ministries and rural churches in IL, IN and TN as well as with suburban churches in the Chicago area.
He enjoys food of all kinds, sports of all kinds, stories of all kinds, movies of all kinds, music of all kinds and never turns down a cup of coffee.
His passion in ministry is to see people go deeper in their love and understanding and life with Jesus through real healthy relationships, spiritual formation and community living.
Mike has been married over 15 years to Dr. Sarah Pierson Kerrick, whom he met at Milligan. Sarah has worked at Murray State's Counseling Center as a Psychologist, but has now started her own psychological assessment practice. She is a wonderful cook, mother, mentor, gardner, volleyball player and friend. They have 2 boys and a little girl!
Pierson and Joel are students at New Covenant Christian Academy and are active in soccer and baseball. They enjoy Legos, playing the Wii and Minecraft and being brothers and big BIG brothers to Rebecca. As the little brother, Joel is wanting to do everything Pierson does. He also likes Angry Birds Star Wars (both on the iPad as well as the figurines - well and anything else he can imagine knocking down those mean pigs!). Both boys love stories, reading and getting dirty outside. Little sister Rebecca Avalyn joined them in the Spring of 2014! She is a bundle of joy, energy and can that girl dance, sing and cook!!! It will be exciting to see what she continues to bring to the family!